This 2-hours training aims to provide ScienceCloud end-users with an introduction on how ScienceCloud works and how it can be used for scaling their research.
This course will cover the basics steps required to get started with ScienceCloud:
- how to log-in, how to create and control instances;
- how to create and manage data volumes;
- how to put all of the above together (orchestrate) to serve your computational research needs.
This training is open to all researchers and IT coordinators at the University of Zurich that are either already using ScienceCloud for their research purposes or planning to use it.
No specific skills are required in order to attend this training. It will help if you already have a basic experience on Unix systems (as with ScienceCloud you normally provision Unix-based resources).
If you are not yet member of ScienceCloud?
All participants to the training will be added to a purposedly created project where they can test and experiment
In order to best profit from the course, we suggest you to bring your own laptop with wireless LAN connectivity. The room is nevertheless equipped with workstations.
Programme / Timetable 14:00 - 16:30
At the end of the training, S3IT personnel will be available to discuss your intended usage and possible issues.
- Introduction on ScienceCloud
- What it is and how it works
- Getting started with ScienceCloud
- Upload keypairs
- getting familiar with the web interface
- starting and managing instances
- Creating and managing data volumes
- Strengths and limitations
- ScienceCloud for your research
- Open Discussion
For further information, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that no confirmation of participation will be issued for this brief orientation.
For registratrion, please, click on "Anmeldung (mit UZH Mail Login)" at the bottom of the page and fill out the form on the next site.