This 2-hours training aims to provide ScienceCloud end-users with an introduction on how ScienceCloud works and how it can be used for scaling their research.
This course will cover the basics steps required to get started with ScienceCloud:
- how to log-in, how to create and control instances;
- how to create and manage data volumes;
- how to put all of the above together (orchestrate) to serve your computational research needs.
This training is open to all researchers and IT coordinators at the University of Zurich that are either already using ScienceCloud for their research purposes or planning to use it.
A basic understanding of SSH keypair is needed before the training. The link to a mini course on the subject is provided in the attachment section.
In order to attend the course, you will need to have your own laptop with wireless LAN connectivity.
Furthermore, you will need a VPN connection to UZH in order to access your created training Virtual Machine
In the current COVID-19 situation the course meets at the published time on Video Meeting UZH
If you are not yet member of ScienceCloud?
All participants to the training will be added to a "playground" project where they can test and experiment
Programme / Timetable 14:00 - 16:30
- Introduction on ScienceCloud
- What it is and how it works
- Getting started with ScienceCloud
- Upload keypairs
- getting familiar with the web interface
- starting and managing instances
- Creating and managing data volumes
- Strengths and limitations
- Open Discussion
At the end of the training, S3IT personnel will be available to discuss your intended usage and possible issues.
For further information, please write to: email@example.com
Please note that no confirmation of participation will be issued for this brief orientation.
For registratrion, please, click on "Anmeldung (mit UZH Mail Login)" at the bottom of the page and fill out the form on the next site.